Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blackpoint Settlement: March 19, 2011

We came to Blackpoint with the most of our Selene friends for a birthday dinner.  We had a fabulous dinner at Lorraine’s Café.  We had grouper, lobster, chicken, and pork ribs…yum!  Blackpoint is a decent sized (ie very small) town, and we also had a chance to stock up on some fresh fruits and miscellaneous groceries. 

On Sunday, we cruised back to Staniel Cay and dropped our friends Travis and John at the marina for their flight back to the US.  We had a great time with them, and had lots of laughs and good times. 

Chris, Irina, Travis & John having a good time!

Moon over Sampson Cay

We hung out for a couple of days at the Big Majors anchorage, waiting for the 25kt winds to moderate.  We partied with our friends on Tybee Time and Evensong, and I even learned how to play a new card game!  I won the game, but I am sure it was because I had no idea what I was doing!!  I doubt I will win next time!!

Auriga at sunset at anchor at Big Majors Spot

We decided to come back to Blackpoint with our friends for another dinner at Lorraine’s. 
We hope they will enjoy it as much as we did. 

Chris is hoping to get some fishing and lobster spearing in before we head back up to the Exuma Park for a few days of snorkeling and kayaking.  We will then start heading down to Georgetown. 

See you all later!

2 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful at Big Majors Spot ...
    Continued good fun !
    doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you taking on fresh fruit I remember reading something about sailors and vitamins when I was at school.
    Looks like a great trip and thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Dean

    ReplyDelete